






My mom is famously known for being the family "camp director" and even though her heart is often in the right place, these adventures don't always work out. But, being the loving daughter that I am we always go along anyway! She called and asked if we wanted to go to Germanfest in Gluckstadt after church. I guess it was the gorgeous weather but it kinda sounded like fun. We loaded everybody up and met Jett(my mom) and my grandmother there. Let me just say we were ALL STARVING!!! and for those of you who know me well, me hungry is not a pretty thing. Dodds kept asking on the way out there if I wanted him to run through a drive-through and get me something to eat. I told him no that they were supposed to have great food out there, according to Jett. So we get there and the parking lot is full and you have to take a shuttle from far away. This would be kind of difficult considering we had enough equipment to camp there for the night. Dodds drops us off and while we're waiting on him to be shuttled I am beginning to realize what German food is. It is basically a hot dog made one thousand different ways! Once again, for those of you who know me I LOATHE hot dogs and sausage. It should show you how hungry I actually was because after standing in the blazing sun in an outrageously long line I got some sort of "brats" concoction and covered in enough stuff to mask the taste. It didn't work. So after a lunch consisting of chips, Dr. Pepper and chocolate cake, we were off to see what else it offered. In the end we did surprisingly have a good time. Ridley loved riding the trailer pulled by the horse and Nash was really brave to do the rock climbing wall. We even had some funny moments like my grand mother trying to put lipstick on Nash. Thanks Jett! It's never a dull moment in your world!!!!
4 comments:
o.k. we had to sit in all of the germanfest traffic trying to get home after lunch.
and i think that somewhere in the course of sitting in said traffic, tommy and i commented that we wondered what kind of people really come to germanfest.
we didn't know we had friends there!
ha
Hey Linz!
I am so glad you fixed your blog so I can leave you comments! Love all the pics, especially the video! Too cute!!!
Love,
Jen
No words ... no words.
I need some pictures of Nash in his football gear please!
Too funny..Tyler says I go nuts when I get hungry too!
Post a Comment