Sunday, November 16, 2008

Time Warp!

OK. There have been several times since Nash started at JA four years ago that I have felt like I was in a time warp.....Mrs. Robinson still dean of preschool, Mrs. Royals still doing P.E., Coach King STILL directing traffic, several teachers who taught me still teaching, the lunchroom smelling the exact same, etc., etc.. But, yesterday took the cake. Nash had his first Little Dribblers performance last night. Walking into that gym was such a weird experience. SIXTEEN years ago I sat in those same stands as a student watching Jan Sojourner run up and down the court screaming at her girls while I waited to see Dodds play. Then to see my little boy come out and preform on that same court was just so neat. It was a fun, special night. The lens on my camera won't open all of the way so ignore the black blob in the corner!

6 comments:

Kristi Williams said...

How cute is Nash as a little dribbler! Love the new look to your blog...very cute!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Nash is a little dribbler! Love the new background. I am so impressed!!
Jen

The Owen Family said...

I love driving by JA to my parents and seeing Coach King directing traffic!! It really is like a time warp going back for games or even driving down the sheffield. I just love that it has not changed one bit!! Even some of the accent music is the same. Love it!! I hope they never change it. Love the new look to your blog. I love that you are so computer saavy these days!!

The Segrest Family said...

OMG! i can't handle the little dribblers pictures! their basketballs are pretty cool! we didnt have those 'back in the day ' =) those were the days...

you asked about the bottle/formula weaning... it took about three days- for a 6 ounce bottle, i would only do 4 formula and then 2 whole milk for one day... the next, 4 milk, 2 formula - the next all milk. i was worried b/c i have always put rice cereal in his bottle - but thankfully, he didnt mind it not being that thick. another thing that i do (did this same thing with camp) is put his milk in a different sippy than the water/juice. i feel like it makes them think that there is still a special difference - i totally made that up on my own - no one told me to do that, so it is probably silly, but it makes me feel better and works for my kids =)
(the playtex with handles for water, the nuby tall with no handles for milk)
hope this helps! happy early birthday to your little girly girl!

Anonymous said...

Let's see...TWENTY TWO years ago I was standing in the same spot Nash was, little dribbling...

Renee Guest said...

i felt like i was back in highschool just hearing you talk about it! i bet that is so sweet seeing him out on that same floor where Dodd's played basketball, and we performed Accent routines! we are OLD!